Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sitting Here Watching Slugs Slime


The days around here have been cool, if not cold.  Looking forward to some consistently warm temperatures.  They must be on their way with the emergence of this little fellow.  Took a picture of him easing his way down a bathroom mirror outside of my front door.  The mirror makes the yard look bigger.

Even this gastropod finds motivation; even if it's just to find a tasty morsel in our garden on which to munch.  Yes, I know it's only instinct, but why can't we human be instinctual in regards to finding something productive to do?  Create something?  Inspire someone?  By taking time to blog this, you should know by know that motivation is sorely lacking for me, and I think I shall return to bed for a few hours:  see what inspires me to even rise from the sheets. 

Or grab the salt shaker to watch him shrink...

Ain't instinct beautiful?




rainwriter jones

3 comments:

  1. Wow...you are so damn cool! I can't believe I'm sitting here watching slugs get nasty...lol. Are they gay? Did he say "their" male organs?

    Anyhow...yes, instinct is beautiful. To do only what feels right. Not because it's "right", but because it's all you know. Sounds like....purpose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (LMBAO) At last someone who understands my slug fetish!

    I'm not sure 'bout their sexuality...but they sure know how to "get down!" I know during early spring, there's LOADS of babies crawling between the railroad ties...lil' tiny slime trails.

    I think the problem with humans is that we curb our instinct 'cause it ain't "proper." Causes massive problems on the other side of things...makes folks crazier than they already are. (LMBAO)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slugs are icky! Like Clowns!
    Hi, I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!